This peanut butter chicken recipe is inspired by African cuisine. What do you do? What type of ingredients do you use? Is this peanut butter recipe suitable for families? Read ahead so you can learn more about this gem.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 big chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes in tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup hot water
- salt and pepper to taste
- If you make the recipe with raw chicken:
- Melt butter in the pan. Add the oil.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place it in the pan. Fry it both sides until golden brown. You can also chopped it if you prefer it this way.
- Add the chopped onion and saute it until soft and translucent.
- Add the diced tomatoes in tomato sauce.
- Add the peanut butter to the pan. Mix well to coat the chicken.
- Add hot water and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Lower heat to a simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Taste for salt and pepper.
- Serve over cooked rice.
- If you make the dish with already cooked chicken:
Melt butter in the pan. Add the oil and the chopped onion and saute it until soft.
Add the crushed tomatoes and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Add the pieces of cooked chicken.
Stir in the peanut butter to the pan.
Add hot water and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
Lower heat to a simmer for another 4-5 minutes.
Taste for salt and pepper.
Serve over cooked rice.