How to Cook Perfect Creamy tarragon lemon chicken
Creamy tarragon lemon chicken. My children are half-French, so I try to cook the occasional French meal at home so that they have some connection to their French heritage. Although, one could probably argue that their daily dose of croissants at breakfast should be enough to ensure that they do not forget their. Tender chicken breasts are pan seared and cooked in a tarragon and lemon cream sauce.
Looking for an easy to prepare, super yummy chicken recipe? creamy chicken with lemon and tarragon. A quick and very tasty chicken recipe delicately flavoured with lemon, Tarragon and cream, for a quick and simple meal for all the family to enjoy. The tarragon lemon cream sauce here has just the right amount of additions without being overly complicated, and they all work so well together. You can cook Creamy tarragon lemon chicken using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy tarragon lemon chicken
- Prepare 4 of chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless.
- Prepare 1 of large shallot, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 cup of dry white wine.
- It’s 2 cups of chicken stock.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh tarragon, chopped.
- It’s of Zest of 1/2 lemon.
How to make this creamy lemon chicken pasta bake. This dish might take a little longer than some pasta dishes, but it comes together easily and is. For the creamy tarragon sauce, deglaze the pan used for cooking the chicken with the wine. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Creamy tarragon lemon chicken step by step
- Season the chicken breasts well with salt, then keep them uncovered in the fridge for 2 hours. Pull them out 30 minutes before cooking and pat them dry..
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. Sear the chicken for 10 minutes per side until browned. Remove the chicken to a plate..
- Add the shallot and garlic to the pan and fry for 2 minutes. Pour in the wine and let simmer for about 5 minutes, until only a few tbsp of liquid remains. Add the chicken stock, heavy cream, and half of the tarragon. Drop the heat to medium, and return the chicken, and any juices, to the pan. Add a few grinds of white pepper. Let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, flipping the chicken occasionally, until the thickest part of the breast reads 165 F, and the sauce has reduced by about half..
- Sprinkle in the lemon zest and remaining tarragon. Check the seasoning, and add extra salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately..
A touch of lemon-tarragon cream elevates simply sauteed chicken breasts. Serve accompanied by whole-wheat egg noodles, rice pilaf or parslied boiled new potatoes. Creamy Lemon Chicken. featured in Lemony and Tangy Recipes. Add the rest of the stock and the cream and stir. Season with salt and pepper, and add the lemon juice.